In June 2021, Lakewood at Home welcomed its 100th member. That number was for the total number of members including those who are fee-for-service. On December 27, however, the program reached the goal of traditional, active members—those who pay membership and monthly fees.
“I want to congratulate our whole team on this accomplishment. It is a big deal for our program to do this in under three years,” said Executive Director Tammy Mackey.
To help illustrate what a team effort the work is, and how much is involved in signing a new member, follow along on the journey of the 100th member who signed up last month:
- Attended a focus group seminar in May of 2018 led by LifeSpire of Virginia’s President and CEO Jonathan Cook and Lakewood at Home consultants.
- Attended a launch event in February 2019.
- Had an appointment with Membership Counselor Bill Lee in June of 2019 and exchanged some follow-up information.
- Was invited to several events over the next two years.
- Community Outreach and Marketing Assistant Brenda Davis sent an email in October 2021.
- The member turned in an application right before Thanksgiving.
- Administrative Assistant Jackie Ahmed then compiled the necessary paperwork.
- Care Coordinator Kelsey Camire completed the necessary assessments.
- Care Coordinator Marygrace Cantilo handled additional medical assessments over the holidays.
“It takes a team for Lakewood at Home to be successful, and I’m very grateful to work with this team. Congratulations Bill, Brenda, Jackie, Kelsey and Marygrace on 100 Members,” Mackey said.